AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
By Darin E. Hartley
Introduction by John Cone Reviewed by Saul Carliner
On-Demand Learning: Training in the New Millennium by Darin E. Hartley hopes to "increase awareness of the coming autonomous-learning movement and to provide examples of successful autonomous learning in action," in Hartley's words.
Its seven chapters explore
* highlights of learning history
* the characteristics of on-demand learners
* how to enable on-demand learning
* technological considerations for on-demand learning
* best practices of on-demand learning intended for employees and customers
* a list of resources.
Hartley begins by capturing the essence of life in the new millennium: a world of tight scheduling, constant interruption, ceaseless change, and an ongoing need for new knowledge. This ongoing need for new …