AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
By Joe Chapman, Amarillo Globe-News, Texas Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News
Jan. 5--Street widths caught the attention of the Amarillo City Commission on Tuesday.
One street that commissioners voted on needs to be wider, while two other streets are wide enough -- if drivers stop parking on them.
The commission approved funding agreements for the widening of Southwest Ninth Avenue from Coulter Street to Soncy Road.
The city will fund 20 percent of the $2.1 million construction cost, and the Texas Department of Transportation will fund the remaining 80 percent.
The city and state will divide an additional $380,000 cost for …