(From Agence France Presse)
A 34-year-old Hong Kong woman suspected of having SARS was cleared by health officials, easing fears of a re-emergence of the disease which killed nearly 300 people in the territory earlier this year.
Hong Kong Health Department director of health Dr. Lam Ping-yam told reporters Tuesday that "repeated tests" had confirmed the woman did not have Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
"All tests were confirmed to be negative. Meaning, it is not a SARS case," said Lam.
The woman had been moved to an isolation ward at the Princess Margaret Hospital late Monday after being treated at a private hospital since …