(From Canberra Times)
Byline: BEN DOHERTY
The ACT Fire Brigade fears that lives are at risk because of blazes being sparked in homes with faulty roofing insulation.
Manager and fire safety engineer with the ACT Fire Brigade Mick Collins was speaking after a recent incident at Cook where the roof of a house caught alight.
District Officer Collins said it appeared as though the fire sparked because roofing insulation had been placed over an electric ignition source.
'At this stage, until the results of an investigation are in, the fire brigade believes it was due to the roof insulation being in close proximity to a lightning …