(From The Nation (Kenya) - AAGM)
Byline: Philip Mwaniki
A terrified villager watched in horror as his grandson died in a house fire as an enraged elephant kept rescuers away.
Mr Charles Runo was milking his cows early in the morning in Tetu, Nyeri District, when he heard cries for help. "As I ran to save those trapped in the fire, I saw the elephants passing by my gate. The other villagers would not come to our rescue for fear of the animals," he said.
The grandson, also called Charles Runo, was only three.
The boy's mother, Ms Selipha Muringi, was treated for shock at the Nyeri Provincial General Hospital.
The elephants …