(From Asia Pulse)
SYDNEY, Dec 9 Asia Pulse - Highlights of today's newspapers:
- The economy powers ahead.
- Voters embrace Latham gamble.
- Banned Mugabe walks out.
- Marginals say straight-shooting leader is ALP's best shot.
- Costello links taxi attack to Bartlett.
- A lifeline for Labor's old and bold: breakdown of "new generation" frontbench.
- Botched killing to escalate violence.
- Christina Aguilera stripped of all pretence.
- Deal between Australia and Indonesia over anti-terror centre.
- Megawati to face her sisters in poll.
- Child abuse engraved pots win transvestite a Turner Prize.
- French retail tycoon dies in plane crash.
- John Howard named Pacific Man of the Year.
- Virgin valued at near US$2.5 billion.
- Reserve Bank lights blue touchpaper on dollar fortunes.
- Predator in wings for AMP pickings.
THE SYDNEY MORNING HERALD:
- Fuel war chest means tax cuts are on the …