AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
What are anxiety disorders?
Children and adolescents with anxiety disorders typically experience intense fear, worry, or uneasiness that can last for long periods of time and significantly affect their lives. If not treated early, anxiety disorders can lead to:
* Repeated school absences or an inability to finish school
* Impaired relations with peers
* Low self-esteem
* Alcohol or other drug use
* Problems adjusting to work situations
* Anxiety disorder in adulthood.
What are the types and signs of anxiety disorders?
Many different anxiety disorders affect children and adolescents. Several disorders and their signs are described below:
Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Children and adolescents with generalized anxiety disorder engage in extreme, unrealistic worry about …