AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
Whether you're looking at installation in a new facility or replacement of existing equipment, natural gas cooling technologies offer you an unbeatable combination: a luxury of choice with an economy of operation. But natural gas cooling is more than versatile and economical, it's clean - much cleaner than the coal and oil used to generate electricity. So it helps to protect and preserve our environment.
Natural gas air conditioning, dehumidification, and refrigeration equipment have made dramatic strides during the last decade. Today, high-efficiency natural gas cooling equipment is readily available for hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, office buildings, warehouses, supermarkets, quick-serve restaurants, industrial facilities, schools, theaters, ice rinks, etc.
The availability of a new generation of more efficient and reliable gas cooling products from a significant number of U.S. manufacturers is only one reason for the interest in gas cooling. Other recent developments contributing to the momentum toward natural gas cooling include:
* Ability to take advantage of low natural gas prices
* Desire to cut energy costs and eliminate electric peak demand charges
* Realization of lower operating and maintenance costs that offset first-cost premiums and create quicker payback on capital investments
* Debut of alternative financing programs offering creative approaches to equipment acquisition
* Need to improve indoor air …