AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
(From Western Morning News)
Byline: PETRA MANN
A historic Westcountry pub was reduced to a smouldering ruin after a fire broke out in one of its chimneys and spread to the thatched roof.
Fifty-five firefighters tackled the blaze at the Pandora Inn, Restronguet Passage, near Falmouth, in Cornwall yesterday.
The roof was destroyed and collapsed into the first floor of the building that has parts dating back to the 13th Century.
No-one was injured.
Fire chiefs said it was likely the blaze began in the chimney at the front of the inn. An on-shore wind fanned the flames and meant local residents had to close their windows and doors …