AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
A fire burnt a busy market adjacent to Arua mini-market on Thursday night, destroying property worth millions on shillings.
According to sources, the fire emanated from a stove that a woman left burning while cooking beans for the next day's breakfast. Stephen Ezama, one of the affected traders, said he lost 32 bags of ground nuts and 22 bags of simsim worth about sh8.5m.
"I recovered only five bags of simsim and nine bags of ground nuts, courtesy of good Samaritans. I am now stranded. I don't know where to start," he lamented. Another victim, Hajat Hassan Muomba, said she lost a fridge which she was using to sell soda …