AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
The meeting of a newly established council for humanitarian issues, chaired by the president, and the cabinet's decision to hire a US-based company to audit the activity of the previous government were among the top stories on major Ukrainian TV channels. The following are summaries of the news bulletins broadcast by the Inter, Ukrayina, ICTV, 5 Kanal, and UT1 TV channels on 13 May:
Inter TV 1700 gmt (privately-owned, politically neutral)
2. Report about the row over the seats in parliamentary committees. The opposition accuses the coalition of obstructing access to the key committees.
3. The opposition Our Ukraine party refused to join the Committee for Salvation of Ukraine.
4. Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych heads the sitting of the humanitarian council. Yanukovych is shown saying that the humanitarian policy in Ukraine should not be used to gain political benefits.
5. The national rating of Ukraine's law schools is published. Experts are worried about the situation with legal education in Ukraine.
6. The euro currency falls on the Ukrainian market. …