AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
Text of report in English by South Korean news agency Yonhap
SEOUL, Feb. 2 (Yonhap) - A South Korean court has said a state-run firm and local government office will pay 3 billion won (US$2.6 million) to the families of six people swept away in a flood unleashed last year when North Korea opened a dam without warning, officials said Wednesday.
According to the court's mediation centre, the bereaved families and the Korea Water Resources Corp. (KWRC) and the Yeoncheon County government have not raised objection to the amount of compensation the centre suggested.
The six died in September while camping or fishing along the Imjin River, which runs between the …