AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
The New York Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) will offer free tuition and training for 130 unemployed or underemployed state residents to work in the addictions field, the agency announced Nov. 30. Using $500,000 in federal stimulus money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the state is funding 14 OASAS training providers. Below are the providers and the awards.
* Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Council of Orange County ($21,700)
* Phoenix House Foundation, Inc. ($22,335)
* SUNY Westchester Community College ($41,000)
* SUNY Ulster Community College ($56,000)
* North Country Community College ($20,950) …