AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
In the last issue, this column discussed the need to implement measurement systems in a participatory manner, rather than impose measures entirely "from the top down." In this issue, we'll focus on measures and measurement systems as tools for improving the processes of team problem solving and team collaboration. Measurement can improve problem-solving and team-communication processes in several ways by helping you to:
* develop a common understanding of the problem,
* signify that a solution has been found,
* test potential solutions,
* deal with objections that stall the problem-solving process,
* share and clarify information through networked, desktop measurement systems.
All too …