AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
Do you explore the latest hardware products, research the newest operating systems and read about current software programs before making an investment in technology? Most companies focus on getting the biggest bang for their buck when they purchase technology, but fail to consider the total cost of owning the technology.
According to the Gartner Group, an industry watchdog organization, only 15 percent to 20 percent of the cost of owning desktop computer technology is in the purchase price of the system. The remaining 80 percent to 85 percent of costs surfaces through service and support requirements, administrative needs and financing costs over a three- to four-year life cycle.
By looking past the initial purchase price, organizations can tap other opportunities to reap significant technology life cycle cost savings. Consider the …