AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
United HealthCare Corp. is paying out $35 million to area doctors who hold the remaining 1 percent stake in Physicians Health Plan of Greater St. Louis Inc.
About 2,000 area doctors control a 1 percent share in the managed care company. The price per share is estimated to range between $8,000 and $12,000, according to one doctor familiar with the negotiations. The other 99 percent stake in the company is held by United HealthCare.
Directors of PHP are Drs. David Michael Keefe, Leroy Frank Ortmayer, Jeffrey Schulman and R. Jerome Williams Sr.
Thomas Zorumski, president of United HealthCare's Missouri operations, said the transaction should be completed at the …