AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
(From SinoCast China IT Watch)
SHENZHEN, November 27, 2006, SinoCast -- Huawei Technologies, the largest telecom equipment maker in China's mainland, has made a counteroffer to take full control of Huawei-3Com (H3C), a joint venture with 3Com, a US-based maker of computer-networking equipment.
With the counteroffer, Huawei, which has a 49 percent stake in H3C, intends to buy the remaining 51 percent stake owned by 3Com.
But analysts said Huawei's true intention might be to sell its stake to 3Com. The counteroffer was designed to force 3Com to offer a higher price to buy out H3C, they said.
A spokesman with Huawei on November 23 confirmed the …