AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
Byline: Sophia L. Chabbott, Bryn Kenny, Jennifer Laing
It's vital to every makeup maven to have brushes that look as good as they perform. Here are the season's newest.
1. Tarte's Glam-To-Go Kabuki brush, $29, cased in a fashionable, purple faux croc case, is the perfect accessory to drop into a Luella Bartley handbag.
2. Linda Mason's 14 brightly colored brushes come in a Warholian canvas roll and will set you back a cool $482. But rest assured, they can be purchased separately at 800-238-2922 or lindamason.com.
3. Clinique's brushes, $18.50-$30, feature a patent-pending antimicrobial technology that protects them from mold, fungus and bacteria. Available at department stores and clinique.com.
4. Pop's brush kit, $25, is the perfect starter set, with blush, shading, eyeliner, lip and brow brushes in a travel friendly pack. Available at select Sephora and Nordstrom stores, sephora.com.
5. The APT. 5 makeup brush collection includes a blush brush, light touch powder brush and a synthetic foundation brush. From $3.99-$14.99, available at Duane Reade and apt5cosmetics.com.
Sophia L. Chabbott
Bobbi Brown, the queen of neutral makeup, is bringing color back into her collection with the introduction of Sheer Brights eye shadows in shades like Peach, Mint and Sky, available in April. Here, Brown dishes on how to incorporate color into your look.
What's the most important thing to keep in mind when it comes to wearing color?
Find colors that are right for you. You can wear color when you're in the mood or when you look tired, but it doesn't have to be a dramatic departure -- it's more about upping your everyday look.
Is there one color that works on most skin tones?
In general, pink. You have to make sure the darker your skin, the deeper the pink. Most people have yellow-toned skin and there's nothing prettier than pink to counteract that yellow.
What's the best way to apply color?
Either with a brush or using your finger. For eye shadow, a brush is great for that sheer wash but for a denser application, use your finger. Sheer is the best and most modern way to wear color.
What's the best way to incorporate color with your wardrobe?
Don't match your eye shadow with something that you're wearing -- that looks too matchy-matchy. Choose a color that's the opposite of what you're wearing. If you're wearing a bright …