AccessMyLibrary provides FREE access to millions of articles from top publications available through your library.
Byline: Jon Denton
Sep. 12--The fire-blasted ruins of his warehouse were smoldering at his feet when Jim Grigsby asked himself, "Should I rebuild?"
That was almost two months ago. American Propane Gas Co. was the site of the largest gas fire of its kind in Oklahoma City, fire Maj. Brian Stanaland said. The fire was eventually ruled an accident.
The owner weighed a building replacement cost as high as $300,000. His loss was not insured.
One employee was burned, although not critically. Ninety-nine degree temperatures in the sun, plus heat from a 6,000-degree blaze, resulted in three firefighters getting treatment for heat exhaustion.
Firefighters poured on the water -- 4,000 gallons a minute -- to keep a big …